Did you know that there are several huge new fossil fuel projects proposed here in Washington state?
* Tacoma: Puyallup water warriors and Tacomans are ferociously opposing a huge LNG terminal.
* Vancouver: the Tesoro-Savage conglomerate wants to build the largest oil-by-rail terminal in North America in Vancouver
* Black Diamond: A coal mine. For real.
* Kalama: the proposed site of what would be the largest fracked gas to methanol refinery on Earth, on the Columbia River.
* In BC, the TransMountain pipeline: which would bring 7X as many tankers through the Salish Sea, effectively killing off the Southern Range Orcas.
Enough. Is. Enough. For years we have known that 75% of known fossil fuel reserves must stay in the ground. It's time to stop building new fossil fuel projects. Period.
This is why we are hosting this training on civil disobedience and direct action. Come along and learn about the history of direct action, and why and how civil disobedience can be used as an effective tool for change--and an effective tool for stopping new fossil fuel projects.
Now is the time to take a stand. These are the years that history will remember us by. Join us and get ready.
1919 E Prospect St
Seattle, WA 98112
Google map and directions